Letter From the Publisher
It seems like everywhere you look there’s bad news. Food prices are going through the roof, home values are plummeting, and companies are laying off employees in record numbers. Virtually every corner of our economy has been deeply affected by the events that have unfolded in the last year.
While we cannot say for sure how long this will last, one thing is clear. We are in an extended period of economic slowdown, which is affecting our churches, our families, our communities, and our schools.
I want to share five guiding principles that will help fellow Christians whether the economic tide and remain faithful that the Lord has a plan in store for each of us:
1) We should be grateful for the blessings the Lord has bestowed upon us. We should remember that that everything we have belongs to the Lord.
2) Be sure that our focus is on keeping our attitudes positive, and encouraging one another with love and kind deeds.
3) Seek out opportunities to share the love of Christ with others. This period of economic uncertainly is an opportunity to share both fiscally and spiritually with others.
4) Pray faithfully for your families, your churches, your community, and our nation’s leaders.
5) Wait and watch what the Lord will do, trusting in his faithfulness.