Recipe: Christmas Ham
- 1 (12 lb.) bone-in ham
- 1/2 c. whole cloves
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple rings in heavy syrup
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 (12 fluid oz.) can lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 (4 oz.) jar chopped maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Score the rind of the ham with a diamond pattern. Press a clove into the center of each diamond. Drain the juice from the pineapple rings into a medium bowl, and stir in the brown sugar and lemon-lime soda. Coat the ham with this mixture. Arrange the pineapple rings over the outside of the ham. Place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake uncovered for 4 to 5 hours, basting frequently with the juices, until the internal temperature of the ham is 160 degrees. Be sure the meat thermometer is not touching the bone. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Tip: You can use aluminum foil to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier. Prep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hrs.