How well do you know your Texas trivia? Answer the questions below:
1) Texas is the only state to have had the flags of ___ different nations fly over it.
a) 5 b) 6 c) 7
2) The ___ Ranch in Texas is bigger than the state of Rhode Island.
a) Jordan Ranch b) Waggoner Ranch c) King Ranch
3) More ___ comes from the state of Texas than from any other state in the United States.
a) Wool b) Corn c) Wheat
4) Texas boasts the nation’s largest herd of ___.
a) Buffalo b) Whitetail Deer c) Snakes
5) Sam Houston, arguably the most famous Texan, was actually born in ___. Fun fact: Houston also served as governor of Tennessee before coming to Texas!
a) Florida b) Georgia c) Virginia
6) Natural lakes are a rare commodity in Texas. Which lake is Texas’ only natural lake?
a) Lake Travis b) Lady Bird Lake c) Caddo Lake
7) Austin, Texas is considered the ___ capital of the world.
a) Food b) Museum c) Live music
8) Which soda was invented in Waco, Texas in 1885?
a) Mr. Pibb b) Dr Pepper c) Fanta
9) Texas possesses three of the top ten most populous cities in the United States. Name these towns.
a) Houston, El Paso and Austin
b) Houston, Dallas and San Antonio
c) Houston, Dallas and Austin
10) What is Texas’ largest county by land size?
a) Brewster b) Bexar c) Harris