Recipe: One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. dried short-cut pasta
- 24 oz. jar marinara sauce
- Water to fill empty marinara sauce jar
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Additional dried Italian seasoning, optional
- Fresh parsley and/or basil, minced for garnish
- In a large pot or skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is most of the way cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook about 2-3 minutes, until soft. Pour in marinara sauce, fill up empty sauce jar with water and add to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a strong simmer.
- Add chicken and pasta, stir, and then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked to your liking. Stir in Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the dish and cook another 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and gooey.
- Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning if desired, and garnish with parsley or basil.
Prep: 10 min. | Cook: 20 min. | Ready: 30 min.